Thursday 3 July 2014

Well all blogs have to start somewhere!

Hello!!

If any of you are return readers who read my blog last year welcome back!!

In brief - I started running last year, I ran the Gateshead 10k and the Great North Run and I raised £404 for Mind. I started writing my blog last year to voice the ups and downs of my first year running but I haven't updated it in so long I thought I'd start from scratch!

This year I'm running the same two races and my charity of choice is Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, you can visit their website at www.hearing dogs.org.uk

They do some fantastic work and their dogs are amazing!!

Some of you may wonder why I chose Hearing Dogs; well to start off I adore dogs, I have a border collie/whippet/terrier cross called Jodie.


Here she is! You'll definitely read more about her later!

Second reason; and the most important one is that while I was watching Children in Need last year, there was a little boy who is deaf and had not slept for two years, his quality of life wasn't great as he was constantly worried about missing or not knowing of emergencies or hazards around him. After he got his hearing dog he slept soundly for the first time. Needless to say by the end of the video I was balling my eyes out!

It wasn't long after I found out that I had successfully got through the ballot so I was looking at the charities I could run for; I had considered running for Mind again but then I came across the Hearing Dogs link and took a look at the website and saw how amazing these dogs are! My decision was made!

I received my running vest and fundraising kit shortly after and 're-branded' my twitter page @79bobbin with a brand new picture!


I do plan on trying to run with the ears on but I'm not sure how long I'll last!! lol

I've started taking a selfie at the end of every run too with my Garmin result so what I will also start to do is up load my photo's on every blog... here's my last few!


I do feel like I'm starting to plateau but I'm off out tomorrow for a long run, hopefully 4-5 miles so we'll see how I go!

So that's it for this evening, hope to see you back very soon!

Woof!!

Chrissy

Sponsor me by ...

Text £2, £3, £5 or £10 RUNS79 to 70070 or visit justgiving.com/chrissyruns

No comments:

Post a Comment